Books piled up
Textbook reading queue
Planning to buy
Books piled up
- The Woman on the Orient Express, by Lindsay Jayne Ashford.
- The Devourers, by Indra Das, narrated by Shishir Kurup, Meera Simhan.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (P.S.), by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- Tenth of December: Stories, by George Saunders.
- The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas père, Robin Buss (Translator).
- S, by Doug Dorst.
- The Arabian Nights: Tales of 1,001 Nights: Volume 1, by Malcolm C. Lyons (Translator), Ursula Lyons (Translator).
- Seeing Lily, by Brian Hubbell.
- The Castle, by Franz Kafka.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray: An Annotated, Uncensored Edition, by Oscar Wilde.
- Faust, Vol. 2, by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, David Luke (Translator).
- Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Richard Pevear (Translator), Larissa Volokhonsky (Translator).
- The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Richard Pevear (Translator), Larissa Volokhonsky (Translator).
- Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy, Richard Pevear (Translator), Larissa Volokhonsky (Translator).
- Swann’s Way: In Search of Lost Time, Volume 1, by Marcel Proust, William C. Carter (editor).
- The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World, by David W. Anthony.
- The Spirit of Tea, by Frank Hadley Murphy, Madison Cawein.
- Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth, by Reza Aslan.
- Swoon: Great Seducers and Why Women Love Them, by Betsy Prioleau [TTBOOK]
- Reinventing Fire: Bold Business Solutions for the New Energy Era, by Amory Lovins.
- For the Love of Letters: A 21st-Century Guide to the Art of Letter Writing, by Samara O’Shea [TTBOOK]
- Sake: A Modern Guide, by Beau Timkin, Sara Deseran.
- Portable Nietzsche, by Friedrich Nietzsche.
- The Mystery of Capital, by Hernando De Soto.
- The Digital Person, by Daniel J. Solove.
- All Things Censored, by Mumia Abu-Jamal.
- Invisible Heroes, by Belleruth Naparstek.
- Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It, by John Seymour.
- When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self Reliance & Planetary Survival, by Matthew Stein.
- Living Silence: Burma under Military Rule, by Christina Fink.
- Kamikaze Diaries, by Emiko Ohnuki-Tierney.
- The Complete Anti-Federalist, by Herbert J. Storing.
- Letters and Papers from Prison, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- The Gulag Archipelago, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
- The Tinkerer’s Accomplice, by J. Scott Turner.
- Divine Wind, by Kerry Emanuel.
- The Complete Kama Sutra, translated by Alain Daniélou.
- The Economics of Climate Change, by Nicholas Stern.
- The Backyard Beekeeper, by Kim Flottum and Weeks Ringle.
- Red, White, and Brew, by Brian Yaeger.
- For the Common Good, by Herman Daly and John Cobb.
- Radical Evolution, by Joel Garreau.
- The Horse Boy: A Memoir of Healing, by Rupert Isaacson.
- Overthrow, by Stephen Kinzer.
- Your Money and Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich, by Jason Zweig.
- Value Averaging: The Safe and Easy Strategy for Higher Investment Returns, by Michael E. Edleson.
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition), by Benjamin Graham.
- Capital in the Twenty-First Century, by Thomas Piketty, Arthur Goldhammer (Translator).
- Discourses on Livy, by Niccolo Machiavelli, Julia Conaway Bondanella (Translator), Peter Bondanella (Translator).
- The Archaeology of Mind: Neuroevolutionary Origins of Human Emotions, by Jaak Panksepp, Lucy Biven [BSP 91]
- The Party Decides: Presidential Nominations Before and After Reform, by Marty Cohen, David Karol, Hans Noel, John Zaller.
- Skew-Tolerant Circuit Design, by David Harris.
- Zen-Brain Reflections, by James H. Austin.
- Our Inner Ape: Power, Sex, Violence, Kindness, and the Evolution of Human Nature, by Frans de Waal.
- Supporting Grade 5-8 Students in Constructing Explanations in Science: The Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning Framework for Talk and Writing, by Katherine L. McNeill.
- Common Riparian Plants of California: A Field Guide for the Layman, by Phyllis M. Faber, Robert F. Holland.
- Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture, by Toby Hemenway, John Todd.
- Golden Gate Gardening, by Pam Peirce, Pam Dardick.
- Complete Book of Edible Landscaping, by Rosalind Creasy.
- The Nursery Manual, by Liberty H. Bailey.
- Manual of Gardening, by Liberty H. Bailey.
- The Outlook to Nature, by Liberty H. Bailey.
- Rodale Book of Composting, by Deborah L. Martin.
- Botany for Gardeners, by Brian Capon.
- California Landscape Garden: Ecology, Culture, and Design, by Mark Francis, Andreas Reimann.
- Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrution, by Paul Pitchford.
- Seed to Seed, by Suzanne Ashworth, Kent Whealy.
- Unsettling of America: Culture and Agriculture, by Wendell Berry.
- Western Fruit, Berries and Nuts: How to Select, Grow and Enjoy, by Robert L. Stebbins, Lance Walheim.
- Introduction to Permaculture, by Bill Mollison, Reny M. Slay. Seeds of Change
- Permaculture: A Designer’s Manual, by Bill Mollison. Seeds of Change
- Permaculture Two, by Bill Mollison. Seeds of Change
- New Roots for Agriculture, by Wes Jackson.
- Wild Lilies, Irises, and Grasses: Gardening with California Monocots, by Nora Harlow.
- The Organic Gardener’s Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control, by Barbara Ellis.
- Living Fences, by Ogden Tanner.
- California’s Wild Gardens: A Guide to Favorite Botanical Sites, by Phyllis Faber.
- The Gardener’s Table, by Richard Merrill and Joe Ortiz.
- One Straw Revolution, by Fukuoka.
- The Soil And Health, by Albert Howard.
Textbook reading queue
- The Design of Rijndael: AES - The Advanced Encryption Standard, by Joan Daemen, Vincent Rijmen.
- Finite Fields And Galois Rings, by Zhe-Xian Wan.
- Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, by Ned Mohan.
- Fundamentals of Power Electronics, by Robert W. Erickson.
- International Economics, by Paul R. Krugman and Maurice Obstfeld.
- Partial Differential Equations, by Walter A. Strauss.
- Introduction to Partial Differential Equations and Hilbert Space, by Karl E. Gustafson.
- The Colossal Book of Mathematics, by Martin Gardener.
- A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, by Stephane G. Mallat.
- Abstract Algebra, by David Dummit.
- Introduction to Hilbert Spaces With Applications, by Lokenath Debnath, Piotr Mikusinski.
- Classics on Fractals, edited by Gerald A. Edgar.
- Fundamentals of Renewable Energy Processes, by Aldo Da Rosa.
- Ecological Economics, by Joshua Farley, Herman E. Daly.
- Shapes, Space, and Symmetry, by Alan Holden.
- Regular Polytopes, by H. S. M. Coxeter.
- Matter and Interactions, by Ruth W. Chabay, Bruce A. Sherwood.
Planning to buy
- Vegan Pressure Cooking: Delicious Beans, Grains, and One-Pot Meals in Minutes, by JL Fields.
- Asian Tofu: Discover the Best, Make Your Own, and Cook It at Home, by Andrea Nguyen.
- Greens Cookbook, by Deborah Madison, Edward Espe Brown.
- Complete Book of Vegetarian Cooking, by Christine McFadden, Veronica Sperling.
- Complete Vegetarian Cookbook, by Charmaine Solomon.
- Moosewood Restaurant New Classics, by Moosewood Collective.
- Sundays At Moosewood Restaurant, by Moosewood Collective, Carolyn B. Mitchell.
- Friendly Foods, by Ron Picarski.
- Vegetarian Epicure, by Anna Thomas.
- Vegetarian Epicure, Vol. 2, by Anna Thomas.
- The Village Baker, by Joe Ortiz.
- Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, by Deborah Madison.
- Cook Food: A Manualfesto for Easy, Healthy, Local Eating, by Lisa Jervis.